Why Medicare Advantage Is Growing In Popularity
There has never been a better time to work as a Medicare sales agent! Medicare Advantage is skyrocketing in popularity. Seniors and Medicare eligibles are choosing these privatized, all-inclusive plans that meet their needs more than Original Medicare does.
Why is MA more popular?
Insurers are able to market MA plans more than Original Medicare. They are able to keep premiums low but raise cost-sharing in an effort to make plans appear cheaper. Additionally, employers aren’t providing Medicare Supplements as much as they used to. That means that subsidized MA plans are more attractive.
On the other hand, MA is the more logical decision for beneficiaries with chronic illnesses. They are usually able to cover more hospital costs and ancillary services that Original Medicare will not cover.
Prescription Drug Coverage
When it comes to prescription drugs, Medicare beneficiaries have two options: enroll in Medicare Advantage, or get a Part D plan. For those who have multiple prescriptions, which is incredibly common in the senior and Medicare-eligible population, it is much more cost effective to have a drug plan that comes as a part of an overall health care plan. With one premium, copayments don’t seem quite as detrimental.
Medicare Advantage plans provide more options than Original Medicare. With Original Medicare, you enroll, and you get the same coverage as everyone else. However, with Medicare Advantage, you can choose from a multitude of carriers and choose between:
- HMO (Health Matinence Organization) – Requires you to select a primary physician
- PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) – Can visit any doctor but will pay less for preferred doctors
- PFFS (Private Fee-For-Service) – Can visit any doctor, but not all providers will accept the plan
- HMO POS (Point Of Service) – You can pick out-of-network providers, but you will have to pay more
- D-SNP (Dual Special Needs Plans) – For those who have both Medicaid and Medicare
- MSA (Medical Savings Account) – Creates a bank account for you that you can pull money from for medical expenses
Sell Medicare Advantage
If you need help selling Medicare Advantage plans, let SMA help! Senior Market Advisors can give you the marketing support you’ve been missing. To speak with an advisor, call 1-844-452-5020.