Closing a sale can be the hardest part of the sales process. Walking up to a complete stranger’s door and trying to get them to buy something can be very intimidating. At SMA (Senior Market Advisors) we are here to help you with your salesmanship and ultimately to become more successful. Our goals are to share knowledge and to take you from good to great and from great to truly awesome. We know how, because it’s what we do. Take a close look at these 10 tips to help you close a sale.
Listed below are 10 tips to help you close a sale.
- Keeping A Positive Attitude- Approach each sale with enthusiasm, energy and confidence. It is really easy to pick up on someone’s mood. Before you approach the potential client you need to make sure to clear your mind of any negative thoughts.
- Low Pressure- Instead of trying to convince someone to do something, assume they want to, and agree with moving forward. Try to educate the potential client instead of pushing them to buy.
- No Manipulation- Lead towards a sale that is mutually beneficial. If you are offering the client a plan that will truly benefit them and take the time to present them with all of the details, then you are helping the client instead of just selling.
- Use the Assumptive Closing Technique- Begin a sale assuming the potential client is going to buy, and you subtly let your prospect know you are assuming they will become a customer throughout the sales process. Why would they not want to become a customer if you are presenting something that will help them? Just keep that in the back of your mind.
- Ask questions- When you ask questions periodically this will let you know where the customer stands and how to move forward with the sales process.
- Stay Calm- Just remember in sales you will always have your good days and bad. If you are having a bad day today remember tomorrow will present new opportunities.
- Listen- When you switch your focus to the person, instead of making the sale it’s amazing what you can learn. The customer will also feel more comfortable around you and they will start to listen to what you have to say.
- Set Goals- Think about what you would like to do or work towards and then tell someone. When we share our goals with other’s there is a higher likely hood of meeting that goal because it creates motivation.
- Know your products- The more you know about the product the better. It is much easier to answer questions the potential client may have. Also the more educated you are the more professional you come across which will build trust.
- Start Now- You will always make excuses and doubt yourself but you just need to take a chance, and take that first step.
To find more tips, keep a look out for SMA University which is coming soon!
We’ve developed the best sales tools and practices to ensure your financial success and increase enrollments for your agency. We make it easy for you to spend your time listening and educating your customers, helping them qualify for benefits they may not have been able to before and making a difference in their lives and yours!