According to Aristotle, 95% of everything you do is the result of a habit. Which means creating good habits will lead to success. Good habits are hard to form but easy to live with. Bad habits are easy to form but hard to live with. All habits are learned and can be unlearned. You develop a good habit by repeating it. Listed below are common habits that are practiced by successful people, according to Brian Tracy. Brian Tracy is the CEO of Brian Tracy International. Which is a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.
- Set Daily Goals. When you set a daily goal for yourself this lets you know exactly what to accomplish that day. Then make either a mental or physical list of goals you want to accomplish. Make sure to think about them throughout the day. You achieve what you think about, most of the time. When you set these goals you become motivated to reach them, and once they are reached you can create a new goal.
- Be Results Oriented. Think about what the most important thing on your list is. Then do not stop until it’s finished.
- Be People Oriented. It is very important to remember that everything you achieve in life is because of the help, support, or cooperation of other people. You want to always take the time to think about what people want or need. What could you do for others, so they will want to help you in the future?
- Health Oriented. In order to be successful in today’s world you have to have a lot of energy. You have more energy when you eat right, exercise, and get the proper amount of sleep. Making healthy choices can make a huge impact on your life and lead to success.
- Stay Honest. Always tell the truth no matter what the price, this shows good character. The better your character is the more friends you tend to have. As mentioned, the more friends you have the more successful you tend to be.
- Self-Disciplined.This means that you make yourself do what needs to be done, even if you do not want to do it.
We all know that breaking old habits can be very hard. But now you know that it is possible. If you take the time to replace your bad habits with good ones, you should become more successful. The first post of this series talked about incorporating good body language into your life. In addition to body language you need to incorporate good habits as well. They will help you in many different ways including your sales tactics.
To find more tips, keep a look out for SMA University which is coming soon!