You drive up to a complete stranger’s house. You take a deep breath to calm your nerves. Your hands are shaking, and you are starting to break out into a cold sweat. You give yourself a pep talk and try to pull yourself together. You open the car door and walk up to the house, then ring the doorbell. The door slowly starts to open and in the back of your mind you say to yourself, “Here we go!”
We all know that being an agent can be a very hard job. Listed below are some tips that will help you with your sales strategy as well as your technique.
- Time is money- We have all heard this very popular phrase. It’s popular because it’s true. When you are in sales you need to make sure to use your time wisely. If you spend two and a half hours at one appointment, it may make you late for another. If you show up late, then the person may no longer have time to talk, which could result in you losing a potential sale. At the same time, you don’t want to rush an appoint, as this may make the customer feel insignificant. On the other hand, you may not want to stay for lunch if they extend the invitation.
- Have a personal mission statement- In short, A mission statement is a code that you live by or a set of guidelines that you want to always follow. Laying out these rules for yourself will help you reach your personal goals.
- Spend 10 minutes every day prioritizing- It’s always a good idea to take some time before your day starts to set daily goals and be aware of which goals are the most important for that day.
- Surround yourself with motivated people- Being in sales can be a very discouraging job. You want to make sure to surround yourself with positive people. These positive people will build you up and help you stay motivated.
- Make sure to follow up- Just because you sold that person something doesn’t mean that you should never speak to them again. You want to always follow up with past customers to make sure that the customer is pleased with the product. This practice builds trust and loyalty with your customer because you took the time to make sure that the customer had a great experience.
- Learn from your mistakes- The only way to become a stronger agent is to learn from your mistakes. If you make a mistake, brush it off and strive not to do it again. Having this mentality will help you to gain insight and become better at your job.
- Be unique- You always want to stand out among the rest in your field. If everyone does the same thing, then no one really has the upper hand. After you learn from others, take the time to see what you can do differently. This will allow you to stand out and give you an edge in your field.
- Have thick skin- The largest part of sales is rejection. You will always have more rejections than sales. You have to learn not to let it bother you when someone tells you no. Don’t take it personally, just take it for what it is, then move on to the next appointment.
- Make others feel important- You need to always remember that the customer is a person and not just a means for you to make money. Take the time to get to know them and build a relationship. You always want the customer to feel valued, because they are!
- Always strive to do better- When you reach your goals you need to always take the time to celebrate and reward yourself. After your goal is reached, you need to set another one, but always raise the bar a little higher. This routine should never stop.
The next time you are on edge about the job and begin to second guess yourself, keep these tips in mind. We are here to help you reach your full potential as an agent. If you have any questions or if you would like to contract with us, please contact us at 1-844-452-5020. We would be happy to help in any way we can.